- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Deathly Hallows Part II World Premiere

Friday, July 8, 2011

Deathly Hallows Part II World Premiere

The entire Harry Potter cast, along with J.K. Rowling herself, and even Anna Wintour and Guy Ritchie, gathered in London for the final premiere of the series.  Since this truly is the end of an era, it was only fitting that Emma Watson wore an extravagant Oscar De La Renta ball gown. 
Emotions ran high as each member of the trio, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson, and J.K. Rowling, took the stage to say some final thank-yous.  I  had chills throughout.  My favorite lines? Emma to Dan, "you were, and are the perfect Harry, and will be forever."  Rupert to Jo: "what you've done for ginger people, I can't really put that into words!"  I highly recommend watching the full goodbye speeches below-


Red Carpet Looks
(from left: Emma Watson, Evanna Lynch, J.K. Rowling, Clemence Poesy, Bonnie Wright, Helena Bonham Carter)

Emma Watson - This Oscar De La Renta gown featuring a neutral embellished bodice and gray tulle skirt, is sweet and romantic.  It is extravagant, but it doesn't overwhelm or swallow her! It isn't one of my all-time favorite looks of hers, but I feel that it's fitting for this particular occasion.  I may actually prefer the dress she wore to an after party (see below).
Evanna Lynch - Who knew Luna Lovegood could ever look so grown-up!  Those are some intense shoes for such a sweet girl! I just feel like this outfit looks a little more mature than something she would usually wear.
J.K. Rowling - This is an example of an Oscar De La Renta gown gone wrong.  The proportions are extremely unflattering.  This is supposed to be a trendy gown, but it comes across as frumpy to me.  In my opinion, pink and green only work well together if incorporated into a Lilly Pulitzer sun dress, not formal wear.
Clemence Poesy - Her white and ruffled Nina Ricci frock is fantastically fashion forward.  The back of the dress is even more amazing.  I do, however, think that the top half of the gown is too full.  I would have liked to see it slightly more fitted. 
Bonnie Wright - I didn't expect her to pick this particular long-sleeved, neutral, Miu Miu gown, but I do think that the designer fits her really well.  I know Bonnie had to hold her dress up most of the time, but the wrinkles really show up on this satin fabric. I also thought that the bodice was somewhat ill-fitting.  The future Mrs. Harry Potter's hair, makeup and accessories were amazing, though! 
Helena Bonham Carter - J. Mangum, this part is for you - I never quite agree with her fashion choices (different colored shoes at this year's Golden Globes?!), but I have learned to accept and appreciate her eccentricity.  Like, only she can get away with wearing her signature spectacles and a forest green satin  gown with a light pink fascinator.  I must applaud that fascinator, though, they're basically my new obsession. 

Danielle Radcliffe decided on a gray, not black, suit, and I am loving it!! Rupert Grint also showed off his personality by wearing a printed suit (is that a snakeskin pattern?). I also love these two photos of Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter.  I honestly believe that this is one of the most beautiful photographs of Helena I've seen.  Tom Felton, aka Draco Malfoy, showed up with his gorgeous girlfriend and with his hair looking a lot more gorgeous than his usual slick-backed-do. 

After Party!
I adore this neutral, embellished, Elie Saab dress. Emma was all about the romantic neutrals today! This silhouette is pure perfection. I can't wait to see what she wears to the NYC HP premiere!

[all images via Getty Images and CBS news]

No comments:

Post a Comment