- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: 2011 BAFTAs

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2011 BAFTAs

(from left:) Kate Middleton in Alexander McQueen, Nicole Kidman in Elie Saab, Elizabeth Banks in Versace, Elisabeth Moss in J. Mendel, Jennifer Lopez in Emilio Pucci, Blake Lively in Marchesa.

My review of the fashion at the 2011 BAFTA awards is long overdue!

Kate Middleton - Kate once again relied on McQueen for a big event.  I mean, everything looks great on her obviously, but I would love to see something edgy from her. You know, something not as proper for once! Although, I understand that she is representing a country, so I'm just glad she's keeping it classy.
Nicole Kidman - Kudos to Kidman for not wearing an extremely pale shade! Elie Saab is definitely becoming one of my favorite designers.  I love the angle of the sparkle and you can't tell from this photo, but it has a beautifully draped back.
Elizabeth Banks - She is gorgeous, and I like this white, one shouldered Versace gown.  It is simple, but the pockets/buttons give it a little bit of an edge. I especially love the ones on the top of the shoulder! Her hair is also the perfect fit.
Elisabeth Moss - I can not wait for Mad Men to be back on TV! In the meantime, I get to review Moss' romantic and flowy  J. Mendel gown, instead of her usual 60's workplace attire.  I like this dress, I really do.  I would love it on someone with a darker skin tone, though, like J. Lo perhaps. It just seems a little drab on Moss. 
Jennifer Lopez -  J.Lo's slinky, green, Emilio Pucci gown, complete with cut-outs, is fabulous, and everyone already knows that she is unbelievably fit, but this gown was not right for this particular event.  I would love to see her wear this to the Grammy's, but not while she's rubbing elbows with royalty at the BAFTAs
Blake Lively - If you haven't heard, Blake Lively is one of my style icons, which is probably why I really love this draped Marchesa.  The embellishment trim is really beautiful. This is def a goddess gown, so appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment