- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Not Crazy or Stupid, Just Love

Monday, August 1, 2011

Not Crazy or Stupid, Just Love

After seeing "Crazy, Stupid, Love," I am convinced that A. not all Romantic Comedies (romcoms) are created equal, and B. there is still hope for the genre.  "Love" is not overly predictable or cheesy like the average romcom.  Instead, "Love" manages to be smart, funny, genuine and even depressing at some points.  I am not usually a huge fan of Steve Carell (to me, the office is a snoozefest), but I learned to like his character (Cal) in this film.   Julianne Moore also managed to be charming even though she portrayed a cheating wife.  The true stars, however, were Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.  I've liked Ryan Gosling ever since "The Notebook," but I absolutely loved him as Jacob, a notorious womanizer who helps Cal to "regain his manhood."  Jacob is charming, witty, and incredibly well dressed. In other words, he is basically the epitome of cool. Hannah (Emma Stone) meets Jacob in a bar, and the story continues from there.  Emma Stone is adorable and she absolutely nailed the part of Hannah.  There are so many small moments and details in this film, that when put together, form a  really honest story.  There is very little fluff in "Love,"  every moment counts.  "Love" manages to be extremely real with fantastic comedic timing,  My biggest complaint? I would have liked for Stone and Gosling's characters to have the most screen time. Their storyline definitely left me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment