- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: The Main 'McQueen' Event

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Main 'McQueen' Event

The late Alexander McQueen was one of my favorite designers, and my absolute favorite British designer.  His legacy lives on through his design house and creative director Sarah Burton, who happened to make Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding gown.  I was absolutely THRILLED to see Kate in McQueen.  Just last night I predicted that she would choose the edgy design house, and I was correct! The fact that she chose McQueen kind of just represents her modern and somewhat edgy fashion personality.  The dress was stunning.  I love the neckline and modest lace sleeves.  The corset-style bodice really showed off her perfect figure, yet the abundance of fabric at the hip gave the entire look a dramatic and extravagant feel that can only be pulled off by royalty.  Her vintage Cartier tiara was gorgeous, and her hair/makeup (which she did herself!) were flawless.  I literally could not stop saying "wow she is so pretty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment