- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Grammy Awards!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Grammy Awards!

I am sorry this post is so late! I have been overwhelmed with cinema, econ and math tests, but now that they're all over, and ended fairly well, I can FINALLY finish this post. PLUS, the Oscar's are on Sunday and I promise to completely redeem myself!


This year's Grammy red carpet was full of sparkly metallics and outrageous hairdos (aka Nikki Minaj).  Lady Gaga chose to be incubated in an egg, and Nicole Kidman actually looked great! My best dressed pick, though, was Gwenyth Paltrow! I did not see any pictures of her on the red carpet, but she was glowing when I saw a picture of her sitting next to Beyonce.  Paltrow wore a black lace, sleeved, Pucci mini with a bit of sparkle and towering heels.  She flat-out rocked it.

BEST DRESSED
1. Gwenyth Paltrow - Pucci
2. Jenna Ushkowitz - Pamela Dennis
3. Nicole Kidman - Jean Paul Gaultier
4. Maya - Jean Fares Couture
5. Eva Longoria - Ashi


Jenna Uskowitz - Not only was she my pick for #2 best dressed, but she was also the most improved from the SAG awards.  She looked so classy in a strapless, overlapping black mesh, short Pamela Dennis dress, complete with an oversized, but not too oversized, bow.  I have never seen her look so effortless! She blew those other Glee gals out of the water.

Nicole Kidman - Thank you for trying something different! Her ruched, strapless, floral print, warm colored, Jean Paul Gaultier gown was an unlikely pick for her, but I thought she looked fantastic.  I loved the the detail right along the bustline and at the bottom, and her hair was flowy and flawless. This gown definitely belongs in the book of her best-ever looks.

Maya - She looked like a star in a strapless and sparkly Jean Fares Couture gown.  It had a blue tint, and I loved the detail along the front and bottom.  Her sleek hair and makeup really balanced each other out. Even though I am not all that familiar with her music, I thought she looked great.

Eva Longoria - She looked so cute in a short, Ashi black and white ruffled mini.  It was so fun and flirty, and unlike anything else on the carpet.  Some may think that the ruffles and puffed bubble skirt were too much, but thats why I loved the look.  She took a risk and it payed off.

Worst Dressed
1. Rihanna - Jean Paul Gaultier
2. Jennifer Lopez - Pucci
3. Lady Gaga - ???????
4. Katy Perry - Giorgio Armani
5. Jordin Sparks - Zang Toi

Rihanna  - My mother said that she looked like a "cake," and although that may be a strech, I just know that she DID NOT look good.  Were those white stripes furry? yes. Was that mesh see through? yes. Was her hair a gross-unreal-looking color? yes.  This dress was just hideous and flat out awkward. Yikes!

J.Lo - This would have been the epitome of the most perfect look for the grammys.....but it was too short for her! Yes, she's hott, but she is also not that young, and I thought that there was going to be a serious wardrobe malfunction at some point throughout the show. 

Lady Gaga - I have no words. Why does she have to be so odd? Instead of giving an edgy designer some recognition, she hid in an egg. nice.

Katy Perry - Did she never take her wings off from the Victoria Secret fashion show???? I just do not understand her. Yeah, she's "hott" I get it, but that doesn't mean you can get away with a jeweled bra, toga and angel wings - let's be real here...

Jordin Sparks - I guess she couldn't decide between a long and short dress so just chose a combination of the two.  Good idea! NOT. Plus, everyone should know by now that I hate that disgusting fabric. I hate to tell her, but no one, absolutely no one, looks good in that fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment