- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: It's in the Details

Friday, September 14, 2012

It's in the Details







I consider myself to be very detail-oriented when it comes to certain aspects of my life. Anything school-related? Details matter. Anything art related? Details really matter. Anything work related? Details matter the most. Anything food related? Well, details aren't that important. I'm not one to strictly follow a recipe.  

When it comes to home decor, or in my case, duplex decor, I knew details were required to make my space unique.

Transform an old piece
Boring glass vase no more.  By painting white Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint on the INSIDE of this old glass vase, I was able to give it a whole new look.  I debated on color for so long before deciding on white, and I also washed my hands for so long before getting all of the paint I slopped off of them.  

 Stack, Stack, Stack
 
I love playing with height by adding books, boxes, or in this case, a box that looks like a book, under frames  or even cupcakes (see above). I found this union-jack gem at Tjmaxx in Christiansburg. 

Color Craze
There is no such thing as too much color. These Vera Bradley magazine holders keep my school work organized and add personality to my work space!

As a tribute to my favorite art exhibit of all time, Rivane Neuenschwander's "I Wish Your Wish" (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/arts/design/22neuen.html?pagewanted=all), I tied one of the ribbons from the exhibit onto my desk lamp. 

I am really into ombre lately.  I love seeing a color transform before my eyes and imagining the possibilities...


Color in the Kitchen
Yes, we love coffee! How could you tell?!?

 Blair made the coolest glass ever! Right now we're using it as a silverware holder but it could also double as a candle holder.  Oh the possibilities...


My Nunny would be proud! I love showing off her colorful biscotti jar in our kitchen.  The pop of yellow is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment