- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Finals Week Rewind

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finals Week Rewind

Rewind back to the first week of May. My room was over half packed, and I was on a mission to finish my first semester of junior year off strong.  Luckily, there were two locations that helped to preserve my sanity. 

1. Squires - the secret on-campus study spot
Squires Student Center is definitely not a secret spot by any means.  It is actually probably one of the most bustling spots on campus during classes. During exam week, however, it was like a ghost town.  The Division of Student Affairs provided study tables throughout the building and I set up camp there for a few days.  I somehow stumbled upon this quiet balcony near Old Dominion Ballroom, and I took advantage of the nice view and even nicer weather. I also very much appreciated the free popcorn after 7pm in the lobby. 



2. Next Door Bake Shop - the secret off-campus study spot

I discovered next door bakeshop while leaving my dreadful BIT class in Surge.  It is located right behind Surge and it quickly became a super convenient spot for me to grab my morning coffee. Since it is somewhat new, I was correct in assuming that it would be a nice, relaxing, study spot. Bonus, they have fantastic coffee, sandwiches, and of course, cupcakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment