- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Florence - The Grand Finale

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Florence - The Grand Finale

Since Florence is so close to Cinque Terre, my dad and I decided to spend a day there.  I definitely did not mind returning to the Italian city of leather goods.  The trip was bittersweet, however, as it was my last time traveling until I fly back to the states.  I will certainly miss Italy.  



I was still in awe of the Duomo the second time around.  I did not not get a chanceto go to the top of the bell tower during my last visit, so I was able to convince my dad that the views would be worth the climb.

I loved seeing the dome from above.

The view from the top was absolutely stunning.

A huge local food market featuring vendors from all over Tuscany was in town for the weekend.  We went stand to stand sampling meats, cheeses, chocolates, and baked goods.  Our favorite find was this homemade  biscotti.  Not only did it taste incredible, but it also had the texture and consistency of a brownie.  

Red pepper and roasted tomato bruschetta.

Since it was the weekend, a huge local vintage market was set up near Pitti Palace.  I snatched up these vintage art deco studs for only five euros.




No comments:

Post a Comment